29 May 2016

May declutter: 29 items, 435 total


Only a few days to go, but I think I might have to hit one of the girls' rooms in order to finish the last two days. Which is good, as it means that although my house may not seem totally decluttered to a vistor, at least I've gone through and got rid of things I don't think we are using...

Anyway, a few items from the kitchen which we don't need, a towel (which is a pool/beach towel, but very small), a charger which doesn't work, some jewellery I don't wear, a pair of shoes with a hole in the sole (nearly) (these were recently replaced, but I hadn't got rid of the old pair yet), some more books - some to charity shop, some to school, some in a pile for my mother to read on her next visit, and then to the charity shop. Some lip glosses which are old and tacky (in texture, not in look), and two spray paints which are clogged up and don't work (and which I never use anyway).


1 comment:

Angela said...

I am doing my best - but nowhere near as good as you. But having set a lower target of 100 items, I think I will get there. Your post has reminded me that I really need to declutter my earring collection. When I was teaching Early Years, I always wore earrings for the Letter of the Day so I have Angels, Apples, Birds, Cats, Cherries, Dogs....Parrots, Quilts, Vans, X's, Yachts, Zips,Zigzags.. And many of those I really will NOT wear any more. Fine in the foundation stage classroom but a bit out of place elsewhere. I did turn out a box of unopened, unused makeup yesterday and take it to the CS.
enjoy the bank holiday