06 May 2016

May Declutter: 6 items, 21 total


I haven't actually tackled the desk drawers yet, though I imagine I will do before long, but I pulled out these notebooks and exercise books while I was looking for some paper to make notes about this declutter. I do keep a load of notebooks passed on to me when the kids have a clearout, for scrap paper and lists and so forth, but realistically, I won't use these because they are hardbound notebooks which are hard to rip paper out of (one is a spiral, but it's almost unused, so it might as well go to a charity shop). 

The gloves were from a quick clearout of the gloves and hats drawer (but I must do it again more thoroughly when the kids are around to let me know which of their things they don't use/don't fit) - these, I knew didn't fit Alex any more just at a glance. 

The handcream was in the kitchen drawer but I don't really like it - too floral in scent. Every time I use it I think, "Uh, I don't really like the smell of this" and then I put it back in the drawer. Go figure. I think it was probably part of a gift set from my students one year. Many of my toiletries are.

No comments: