15 January 2013

Around my House, part 1


At New Year's, when I took down the Christmas decorations and rearranged all my knick knacks, ornaments, artworks, and so on, I had the idea to blog some of my displays sometimes, as I really like my stuff, and perhaps some of my friends and family might like to see what's on my shelves.  So, it's an occasional feature - not going to do it all the time or so thoroughly you see every bit of every room, but it might be a fun occasional feature, especially when I have nothing else to say for a while...


This is in my dining room - I have a large collection of pink and blue pottery from the days I used to throw pots - the studio I was working in had a limited number of glazes I liked and this was one of my favourite combos. Each year I have to decide where to put the pink and blues, and this year they ended up in the dining room. There are a few other bits and pieces with them. The watercolour was painted by my brother-in-law, and the bit of glass is from a stall in Camden Market. 

On the windowsill shelf, there's a small blue teapot I got ages ago, not sure where, although it was apparently made by Alison McCauley, according to the slip inside the pot. I googled her and she's no longer making pottery, hasn't been since 2003, now just doing painting. So there you go.   There's also a free form hand built vase which I bought during the Malden Fortnight a few years back. The stoneware vase with the lace-pressed slab top is from a gallery in Vero Beach, Florida, I think. And there's a raku pot (2nd left at the top) which I'm not sure of the origin of. It's possible it was a gift from my mother, who often gives me pottery. 

Next to the plant on the right hand end of the windowsill is an enamalled bowl which I know came from my mother, but not sure where she got it from. And the other item I didn't make is the ATC in the blue elephant holder - this came from an ATC challenge I issued on my blog back in 2008  and was made by Anna Nowicki

No comments: