29 January 2013

Dinner, 29/1/13: Jambalaya


From the cookbook Top 200 Low Fat recipes, with some alterations. I did use more chorizo than the recipe originally called for (which, I know, makes it less low fat!) and I used a different kind of fish because that was what I had in the freezer. I also added peas as I felt it lacked vegetables and I made more, as there were 5 people to feed and I wanted leftovers for lunch. Other than that.... Anyway. It was  yummy and the kids liked it (though Sarah of course didn't want the prawns - as they were on top and not the only protein in the dish, I let her give them to those of us who really like them).  The only real problem with this dish was that it took quite a bit longer to cook the rice than the recipe said - I knew it would take longer than the specified 20 minutes, but it took even longer that I expected. Next time, I will start earlier...

No comments: