21 January 2013

Snowy day


Remarkably, I remembered to take my camera with me this morning on the way to school, to capture a bit of our local colour - white!


Here's Alex about to make the big trek across the field to school - ok, it's not Antarctica, but it's a lot of snow for London - especially the fact that it is staying cold, so it's hanging around instead of melting more or less straight away, which is what it usually does.


Panda Hat.


Someone had made an igloo from snow over the weekend - we didn't get close as it was way across the field from where we cross, but it looked cool from a distance.


Unfortunately, during our walk we encountered several dead snowmen...


Here's a tree - not my usual tree, as it happens - in the snow. I love the snow on the lower branches.



And here's my usual tree, of course!


This one was taken on the way home, when it was beginning to get dark - there was  a little layer of mist beginning to rise off the snow, which I thought was very cool.

No comments: