18 October 2014

Autumn Walk...


Rosehips


and berries


seedheads


and turning foliage - yep, it must be autumn.  After our lovely lunch, we took our fairly usual walk --a nice circular (well, technically a loop I suppose) walk which manages to encompass horse stables, a wetlands and two cemetaries, all within an hour's stroll - and yes, we are still only 25 minutes from central London by train.  I love where I live!...


Not everything was autumnal yet - my favourite tree, for instance, has not quite turned yet, though you can begin to see some yellow in the leaves. 


There was still a bit of late blossom on the brambles


and a few wildflower stragglers.


The seagulls all seem to be coming inland, though - there was a whole colony of them over in the wetland area. 



And also over in the wetland area...


here we all are - a kind passerby took a photo of everyone together, which means you even get to see me, which is of course not usually the case - lucky me!


Couldn't resist sharing this photo of the children using the playground equipment...  A year older, but not any more grown up.20

No comments: