14 October 2014

Dinner, 14/10/14: Bacon, Potato and Sweet Potato Pasta


This is an old favourite (not sure how old - the recipe itself is from 2005, but not sure when I first cooked it), which I've made in many variations over the years - I think I've done it with actual pumpkin; I've certainly done it with butternut squash. At one point, we started chucking in some regular (white) potato as well, which adds a nice bit of texture and cuts back on the sweetness of the sweet potato or squash. It's a great way to use up e.g. 2 sweet potatoes left from a bag of them or half a butternut...

A friend asked how often I repeat recipes (the answer: not very often) - however if you asked any member of our family to name a dish we have "a lot", this one would probably get mentioned. I reckon we have this at least 3 or 4 times a year. Which, for us, is a lot.

I dug out my rather battered copy of the recipe (which I don't really need to use anymore, of course) and scanned it; it's also online in the Good Food archive


1 comment:

Sharon W. said...

This looks delicious. I have fallen in love with butternut squash this year, and a new favorite is the bacon, butternut squash mac and cheese over at "brown eyed baker". With both gruyere and cheddar cheeses, it is rich, but freezes well and is even better reheated for lunch the next day!