10 October 2014

Dinner, 10/10/14: Mexican Bake, with salad


This is a sort of deconstructed enchilada or a "enchi-sagne" - a cross between enchiladas and lasagne - it's a layered dish with tortillas as the "pasta" and then a spicy bean mix between.  I did alter the recipe slightly - I enlarged it. In addition to the 2 tins of black beans in the recipe, I added two tins of kidney beans in chili sauce. I then only used one carton of tomatoes with chili, so it wouldn't be too gloopy. I also used just a few more tortillas, as the dish was quite big. We still managed to eat the whole thing...  Really simple to make and very tasty.



Recipe also online here (thanks to Sophie for finding the link for me!). 

2 comments:

sophie said...

I will definitely try this one soon ... maybe this weekend. FYI, I found the recipe online here: Mexican Bake

Kate North said...

Thanks Sophie - I meant to link to it (most of my Good Food recipes are online) and totally forgot to go look for it...