15 October 2014

Dinner, 15/10/14: Spicy Caribbean Pork


Recipe from Feel Good Food (A Woman & Home magazine). Although they have a website, the recipe doesn't seem to be on there. 

This was a new recipe to us, and although it was easy, and tasted ok, it won't be a keeper. The flavours were good, and we liked the pineapple in particular, which helped juice up the spicy meat. I wasn't totally convinced about the baby sweetcorns - they seemed a little out of place, but they weren't awful. Main criticisms were that it was quite a dry dish, rather than saucy; saucy would have been better. But although I'm sure I could fiddle with it to make it saucier, there are so many recipes in the world, it's not really worth it, as far as I'm concerned.  I did like the rice, though (which wasn't in the recipe - I just fried a little onion, added some of the Cajun spice mix, then heated it through with a tin (drained) of black-eyed beans, before adding the cooked rice to mix. Worked better than some previous experiments with dirty rice or similar.)


No comments: