12 October 2014

Dinner, 12/10/14: Provencal Beef Stew, Oven Wedges, Chantenay Carrots


Stew never photographs attractively, I think, though what really matters is the taste, and we really enjoyed this one. Even Sarah, who is not a big stew fan, liked it. Unlike with traditional stews, I didn't cook the veg with the meat - as there was a tomato sauce, I felt it would overwhelm the veg (often I just dump them in, even if not in the original recipe), so I just made the oven wedges and chantenay carrots separately. We all really liked the olives in this as well. It fed all of us, plus there are leftovers for lunch at least once (along with some carrots - yum!).

The recipe is from The Gourmet Slow Cooker by Lynn Alley, and I did find the recipe online on Google Books, though I don't think the format is very reader friendly, so you get a proper scan, too.


No comments: