07 March 2015

Lunch 7/3/15: Fresh Lasagne with Pesto, Florence Fennel with Breadcrumbs, Green Salad


Friends around to lunch today and WE ATE OUTSIDE because it was so warm and sunny. I love spring. Hurray!



We had a lasagne - this one is lighter and fresher than some as there's no tomato sauce, just fresh cherry tomatoes (the ones in the layers, I cut in half, works better, but it's nice to see the whole ones on top) - of course there's still a bechemel sauce, so it's not that light. And cheese. It also has spinach in, which we like - we've had this lasagne before a number of times...

The fennel dish was new, but I really liked it - I didn't make quite as much as in the recipe, but there was plenty. I forgot to cut back on the amount of breadcrumbs in line with cutting back the amount of fennel, but it wasn't really a problem to have extra topping.


And a nice salad on a plate, looking very summery.




No comments: