21 March 2015

My exciting Saturday


Actually, my Saturdays aren't usually that exciting, what with being filled with swimming lessons (Alex), music theory classes (Olivia), maths tutoring (Sarah - she's the tutor, not the tutee), grocery shopping (me) and various other things. However, this week was even more so than some, as we had loads of errands to run in our local high street, including an appointment at the optometrist for Sarah (verdict: yep, she's begun the slippery slope of myopia and will need glasses (very small prescription) for seeing things at a distance) and loads of other stuff. Geoff is away, so we decided to grab a bite to eat at Nando's (new one opened in New Malden back in December) when we were done - about 2.30 in the afternoon - and then forego dinner. Here's my chicken wings with garlic bread and fries (the two sides were shared around), some little knit hats in the coffee shop from the Innocent Big Knit, and yes, a couple of books from the charity shop - though one was bought with Geoff in mind. Which isn't to say I won't read it, but I bought it mainly for him as it's an author he likes (Andrew Taylor) and a ghost story...  The Patrick Gale is mine, but as he's an author I always like, I felt justified. Someday I should take a picture of all the books I look at and don't buy!

No comments: